If you are looking for a way to improve your health, chances are you've thought about taking yoga. However, if you've been reading the news, you may be intimidated by articles talking about extreme forms of yoga that involve unusually hot rooms, trapeze-like acrobatics and injury-inducing contortions that can cause spine and shoulder pain symptoms. This is NOT what beginners yoga in New Jersey is about!
"There are several disciplines of yoga, and with its rich history, the beginner can easily get lost – or worse – injured," said enthusiast and registered nurse Mary Jo Ricketson, as quoted by Chiropractic Economics.
She offered newbies seven tips on getting the most out of both their holistic health routine and everyday living:
1. Focus on your breathing in order to maximize the amount of oxygen that nourishes your body.
2. Increase strength, stability and balance by focusing on training your core muscles.
3. Use stretching to increase the flexibility of both the mind and body.
4. Get enough sleep to boost your energy levels.
5. Eat nutritious foods in moderation to achieve balance.
6. Appreciate your social connections to friends, family, worship communities and other circles.
7. If you have life goals, write them down to create a plan of action.